2.22.2012

Challenge #21--Strengths and Weaknesses


Pin It!
*This week's challenge parallels quite closely to one done on the regular TIMC--you can find it here and here if you want some more ideas on completing this one!

A few weeks ago I had the chance to attend an amazing women's conference.  (I may have mentioned it a few times already...)  One of the speakers talked about how we are usually so quick to make lists of our weaknesses (and are even quicker to compare our weaknesses to other peoples strengths).  She challenged us to set a timer and write down 10 weaknesses, then do the same with writing our strengths.  Often our weakness list will be made much quicker than our strengths list.  My challenge for you today is exactly this!

What are 10 of your strengths and 10 of your weaknesses?

You can set a timer to do both or take your time and really reflect on it.  Write them in your journal, type them up, blog or scrapbook them.  Even writing a poem about some of your strengths and weaknesses.

Of course, you don't have to do 10 of each either--you can make it 5 each or 20.  You can even just focus on one of your strengths or weaknesses, or record about something that is now a strength that was once a weakness and the hard work that it required.

One of my favorite scriptures goes quite well with this challenge.  I'm sure many of you know and love it as well:  Ether 12:27

" And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

I have made a Fast Form for you today, with places for 10 of each things to write.  I think it would be fun to do this challenge now, and without looking, do it again in 5 years and see the differences and growth you've made!

To download the Fast Form, please make sure you're a blog follower, then click on the picture.  Thanks! ;)


Now I challenge you to record some of your greatest strengths and weaknesses!

Pin It!