5.09.2012

Challenge #26--Faith


Pin It!

Everyone has had, or will have, an experience that tries or promotes their faith.  Some people seem to get to have that experience a lot more than others.  We can choose to use these experiences to help increase our faith in Heavenly Father, or we can turn them into doubt and fear, and end up turning away from Him.  So, here’s today’s challenge for you:

Record an experience you had, that helped build your faith.

You can record a major, life-changing experience, a small one, or even record two or three!  This is a chance to tell your family and posterity how faith has helped you become who you are today!

---------------
What Natalie wrote about:

Some of the most wonderful faith building experiences of my youth came from watching my mother. My parents divorced when I was 7 years old.  This left my mother a single parent raising 4 young children.  My mother only had an associates degree in college.  She did not have a career that she could turn to, to help provide for her young family.  My mother went back to school and got a degree in Paralegal Studies.  She worked as she could during the day, was home with us when we got home from school, and went to school at night.  She knew she couldn't give up.  Her 4 young children depended on her.

Things were not easy for my mom.  She wanted to bad to give her children the best childhood possible.  We may not have had the latest mall fashions, the hottest electronic items money could buy, or fun family vacations.  Instead, my mother taught us to work as if everything depended on us, and pray as if it all depends on God.  As I watched my mother do this, my faith was continually strengthened.  The Lord was mindful of her and us, and always provided a way.

When my mother spoke at my mission farewell, she talked about how at times she asked the Lord to help her to mold her children into the children He wanted them to be.  My mother's prayers in our behalf have been answered.  Her faith in God has strengthened my faith.  Several years ago, I faced the same challenge my mother faced - Divorce.  I was devastated.  I felt like I wanted to give up.  It was my mothers faith that helped me to stay strong.  My mother had it so much worse than I did.  If she could stay strong and make it through this trial, I could too.  My mother never lost her faith, even when it would have been so easy to let go so many times.

I am thankful for my mother, for the strength of her testimony, for her courage, for her prayers.  My mother loves the Lord, and He loves her!  I hope that as I grow, I can become more like my mother and be the kind of woman that she is.

-----------------
What I did:

I decided to do a digital scrapbook page of a faith-promoting experience I had on my mission. 

faith

(Template and elements: Scrapping With Liz)

----------------------
Now I challenge you to record about a faith-building experience you’ve had!

(And who can think of taking a leap of faith without thinking of this Indiana Jones clip? Winking smile )


Pin It!